Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Tuesday's ebook spotlight: DeSalvo's 'Second Chances'


Journalist Tina DeSalvo of New Orleans has released book three in her "Second Chance" series, a story that developed when DeSalvo was diagnosed with breast cancer.  

"In my journey to fight against the disease that was trying to take my life, I found Elli's journey," DeSalvo explains on her website. "I used everything I was going through to find Elli’s story. I also shared the fears, hopes and experiences of other cancer survivors and their caregivers, who I was honored to spend hours and hours with in the chemotherapy infusion lab. Sometimes we laughed and sometimes we cried. We always, shared…even in our silence when we couldn’t or didn’t want to find the words to do so. It was there, during those times, I developed the deep passion to tell the story about getting on with your life after the treatment ends when you try to find your new normal. I especially used the wonderful, difficult, joyful, fearful time after the treatment ends when you redefine your new life after cancer to set Elli’s story. Through this time my dear husband, two amazing sons and supportive family encouraged and helped me. I wondered, however, what I would have done if I was single with no children or family and began my life again after cancer…with that ever-present fear of recurrence. Would I ever make a long-term commitment with anyone or to anything knowing the cancer might return? Searching for that answer is where Elli’s story was born. It is where her Second Chance on life begins."

Available as an ebook on Thursday is Tina DeSalvo’s “Abby,” book three in the “Second Chance” series, available as an ebooks.

Here's the book description:

“Abby, what I’m asking isn’t something you have on that résumé...Will the LAPD be coming to arrest you when I’m depending on you to meet the deadline?”

She shook her head. How in the hell did she know? She comes from Hollywood Royalty, which makes her fall from grace all the more interesting to millions of people who have no idea what Abby McCord is going through. Instead of following in her family’s acting footsteps Abby made her own way as an attorney. She also joined her good friend, Elli, in raising money for a cause near and dear to her heart, until someone steals their famous donors’ money and personal information. And the police believe the thief is her. Now she’s run from one LA to another as she hides in Cane, Louisiana, trying to get by until she can get home.

Too bad there isn’t a statute of limitations on the public’s memory.

Jackson Bienvenu spent his adult life in the military because he wanted to get out of Cane and away from the people who know his desperate beginnings. Now all he wants is to come home and start a life and family in the one place he now knows he belongs. And, this infuriatingly secretive woman who needs work until she can move on does not fit into the future he wants.

Unfortunately, Jackson and Abby are both discovering that what your head has planned and what your heart wants doesn’t always work together…

Louisiana Book News is written by journalist Chere Dastugue Coen, who writes Louisiana romances and mysteries under the pen name of Cherie Claire. The first books in her award-winning series are FREE as ebooks! For more information and to sign up for her newsletter visit www.cherieclaire.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment